Friday 23 June 2017

30 Days Wild - Day 22 - Late night gazing

I nearly had to admit defeat for Day 22 of 30 Days Wild! It had been a busy day at work then out for a meal with some friends and not a wild thing in sight! But as I got ready for bed just before midnight I looked out of the window and the clouds had parted revealing a starry sky.

I love looking at the stars at night - it's mind blowing at times contemplating our little existence in the grand scheme of the universe. It hurts my head thinking about it!

Summer skies are often not dark enough to see things clearly although it is the best time of year to see the Milky Way if you can find a dark spot. Last night though I could see Saturn in the south and the W of Cassiopeia clearly towards the North alongside the easy to spot Ursa Major 'The Plough',

The photos below are from my archive but I went to bed promising myself I would get back into star gazing!









No comments:

Post a Comment