Friday 2 June 2017

30 Days Wild - Day 1 - London Life


Day 1 of 30DaysWild found us in London on a trip to Greenwich to see In The Night Garden Live with our granddaughter! My challenge had been to find signs of urban nature but due to traffic and parking issues time was against us most of the day, and my planned amble through Greenwich park photographing squirrels, birds and butterflies became a mad scramble to get from one place to another!


We used to visit Greenwich when my daughter was at University there. When we had been before the Cutty Sark was under renovation, covered in hording, after it caught fire. Now it has reopened and I have to say it looks magnificent and where once there was dodgy concrete slabs and building debris there is now a clean bright plaza overlooked by this beautiful ship.




I was also really pleased to see a large raised bed planted up with grasses and flowers which buzzed with insects and was a great contrast against the steel and glass on the other side of the river.



As we walked (quickly!) towards Blackheath it had really warmed up and lots of families and tourists were enjoying the park – playing cricket, picnicking, on scooters, bikes and skateboards, walking their dogs and just loving being outdoors. I did see lots of squirrels, birds and butterflies, I just didn’t have time to stop and photograph them!


No comments:

Post a Comment