Saturday 21 May 2016

The Hare and the Motorbikes

There is something quite special about seeing a hare, quite mystical I think.  I've only really taken an interest in them over the past few years and was thrilled last year to finally see a couple. This year I've spotted a few in the fields as I pass in the car but, until last week we hadn't walked for a while in the area I saw them before.  As we approached the field where I knew they could be we were passed my some trail motorbikes. They didn't rev the engines and weren't going really fast but I thought all hope of seeing a hare would be gone. Suddenly though we spotted some ears.  The hare wasn't far from the fence and seemingly hadn't been bothered by the bikes. I crept as close as I dared before it decided I was more of a threat than five strange noisy machines and took off.


No comments:

Post a Comment