Sunday 28 April 2019

New Nest!

I had neglected this blog - apologies! But more and more I find the time I spend outside walking in nature, or even watching it in the garden through the window, is time well spent. It calms, makes me mindful of my surroundings, the weather, the changes in seasons and it is my go-to therapy when I'm feeling grumpy. I am very lucky, I don't have any specific mental health issues, bar feeling a bit down or moody every now and then as most people do. But I know being outdoors absolutely, without fail, always lightens my mood and lifts me. I am guilty of spending way too much time on the tech, in front of the computer or phone, so getting outside for a walk, listening to the birds and watching the bees busily pollinating my flowers has become even more vital for my well-being.

So! Along with revitalising this blog, writing about what I come across, taking photos and enjoying the experience I have also started nature journalling with watercolours. It is not a skill I have learnt, I didn't even do art at school after 14, but is something I've always wanted to try. I'm not the best at sketching, I struggle with proportion and scale but I enjoy it and it is not tech based or done on a screen! I will share some of those entries on here and the first few are below.





No comments:

Post a Comment